Sunday, April 15, 2012

This morning

this morning as I stood outside my apartment it was quieter than usual; even for my street on a Sunday.  To the right of me I watched a robin perched in a shrub; looking at me;almost as though I was his audience.  To the left of me and above i seen the bright sliver of sun slowly overtaken by the wisps of grey-blue clouds.  |I could see no one else around, It was 8 am and not a soul to be seen.  I had no need for a jacket. I only wore a button up shirt and jeans of course.  The robin continued to look my way and sing.  The sun escaped the cover of cloud and the air around me warmed up.  Not a flake of snow on the ground.  Damp lawns; yet grass so green. My mind went to one thing. The robin and the sun allayed my fears.  Fears of homeless people falling asleep outdoors. Falling asleep in freezing temperatures; perhaps never to awaken.  The sun renews my hope; and teh robin?  Perhaps he sings a celebratory song of spring.  Hope is renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment