Thursday, April 12, 2012

I write about nothing


People have told me that even when I write about “nothing”; my words come to life and convey my feelings.  For the past month or so I have invested most of my time into making beaded jewellery.  A few pieces came to light from poems or lines from stories  that I have written.  Have I missed writing?  Definitely.  I didn’t think I had anything in me to write about; so my notebook stayed in my yellow nylon satchel; along with some of my beaded creations.  Tonight, my partner and I broke a wishbone from a chicken we had baked for Easter.  It is said that the one who breaks the biggest part of the wishbone can make a wish.  So I made a wish in silence.  I have made wishes on shooting stars seen while camping.  I have made wishes on the brightest star that I have seen in the night sky and on the first star I have seen but I have never wished on a wishbone.  My wish will remain just that. A wish.  A hope.  One of so many.  I have been denied ODSP yet again for my anxiety and depression but I am not sure if I can handle it all.
The “me” writing this is almost entirely different than the “me” you would meet face to face.  In person I am awkward, nervous and jittery and it would likely be you who carries on the bulk of the conversation. I am not a wordsy person. I can be socially clumsy.  The “me” here now; writing this is more at ease than the “me” you may see in a café, carrying my coffee with both hands; yet still managing to slop coffee from the cup onto the floor; thinking that everyone in the café is staring at me thinking “What a goof!”
Both “me” here and “me” not in front of my journals admit to having low self confidence.
Why do I write? Sometimes I have no idea.  Sometimes; even I will read it and wonder where it came from.
My wish? I cannot say. Let’s just say I cannot wish to be the “me” here rather than the “me” grabbing a coffee to go from the café.
Some people love me either or both ways.  All I know is that I love to write.
Now I have to figure out who “I” is

Joe Lethbridge April 12 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment