Friday, June 8, 2012

Do what you Love-love what you do

“do what you love- Love what you do” 


But what is it that I love to do?  There are things that I do that I am told that I am good at; but I cannot say that I love doing them; or maybe not as I once did.
Yes I do get enjoyment from writing and beading jewellery and a few beaded creations.  I do enjoy hearing the feedback from people.  Just today; at my pharmacists; the woman behind the counter praised the neck hoop I was wearing and had made.  She “got it”.  She seen what I was saying by the way I had utilized old rusty nuts and an assortment of new and recycled beads.  Some think it was as easy as grabbing a handful of beads and nuts and washers and letting them fall onto the neck hoop.

I wrote a lot; nothing really for awhile now.  I did love my writing before but now it seems to be expected from me. I loved utilizing my thoughts and writing them down along with my personal dreams and hopes; as well as my hopes for others.  A few loved my writing,some liked it; others tolerated it , while others thought and said I was wasting my time as well as ink and paper.

“Do what you love-love what you do”  I have heard that twice today; in less than a span of three hours.  I want to do what I love.  I don’t want to do what was just a hobby or past time. People get used to things.  Sometimes they stick with what they are good at ; but no longer love to do. It becomes more like a chore.  I have known people who have worked doing the same thing for years; now hating it but they are good at their jobs.

Do what you love-love what you do is not that cut and dry. 


After posting this I realize i do love to write and I do love to make beaded jewellery and funky art pieces. I think the part that I do not love is having people say that i will not have it amount to anything. After writing this I went back to my email folder I call "Kudos for writing" from people who my writing has impacted in some way; however small. I love to write and bead show I sahll continue on to bead and write. 


I am doing what I love and I AM loving what I do 


Joe Lethbridge June 8 3:34 pm 2012


Text Box: c:\msofficetemplates\normal.dotm

No comments:

Post a Comment