Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dear Ms Dolly Parton

I am hoping on hope that somehow you manage to see this and read it.  I know some people (I know you are a star) but stars are people first have aides or secretaries or fan clubs answer letters.
This is not really a letter. It is just something I wanted to see about doing.

I have recently asked a friend of mine this question.." If I had a magic wand and could grant you the wish of performing with any artist; who would it be ? ( this interviewers choice would be for you to do a duet with Dolly Parton )" My friend replied "As the child winner of the "Best Young Talent" award at Dollywood, Yes, I would say Dolly Parton as well."

I can only imagine his reaction when he was announced as the winner; and at Dollywood of all places.
I have no idea what he looked like as a small child; excited by hearing his name announced. Maybe he was a mop topped freckle faced and bare footed lad; hopping nervous yet excited on winning.

Maybe it was that win that set him on the road to fulfilling other dreams; not only of his; but of others.
I am writing this to you but not just for you Miss Dolly.
I am writing it for anyone who has ever had a dream (no matter how small others may tell us it is or unattainable)
I am writing it for myself as well.
Years ago a small lad won Best Young Talent.
Years later he is creating and making his own music and sharing it.
Years later Miss Dolly you are still kicking butt and still inspiring.

It comes down to dreaming and the going for the dreams. Not letting others stand in your way.
Miss Parton. In a small way-writing this letter to you may have been one of mine. To learn more about a boy who won at Dollywood and finding him quite accidentally on youtube may very well be a dream of mine.

My dream. Was and remains to write.
To write of you and Levi doing a duet one day would be a whoa moment.
Unlike music- none of what I write can be described as a "hit" but writing is what I do. I sleep and dream .

Thank You
Joe Lethbridge




No comments:

Post a Comment