Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Haiti Needs US -ALL

Please check out my Youtube video below .When I first heard the news of the devastating affect of the Earthquake in Haiti ; I literally fell to my knees bawling . The photographs and video really got to me . I couldnt imaging how it must be for those in Haiti . Everyone helping there are heroes. All those who survived and went about and helped find fellow victims of the quaker are my heroes. How the world seemingly can work side by side handing out food and medical care and rescue efforts really touched me. I Hope after viewing this video that you donate to one of the organizations listed . All those listed have very low administration costs. Most of those listed have a 95% to 98.5% that goes directly to help Haiti. Please donate what you can and please pass this link along

Light turned to dark
Black turned to white

dust of concrete on their faces
buildings collapse in so many places

gaping wounds and broken limbs
yet in the street, they sing hymns

no clean water not much to eat
tonight they sleep out in the street

Buildings all around
bodies on the ground

so many killed and missing
sounds of broken pipelines hissing

a man carries his child in his arm-screaming to the sky
in such a short span of time -so many people die

I cant imagine how it feels -for me its pictures
for them its real

My heart aches and my tears keep coming
While survivors there sleep out in the street, the earth still humming

Light turned to dark
Black turned to white

Concrete dust on their faces
Missing and dead in so many places .

My heart is grieving and my tears are for Haiti


Joe Lethbridge @2010

No comments:

Post a Comment