Monday, December 14, 2009

"MASQUERADE" Matthew David."This is Me; Here I am ! "


“This is me ; here I am screaming my name; “Matthew David screams in the title song from his EP “Masquerade” Matthew is a 27 year old singer songwriter born in rural Saskatchewan ; now residing in Vancouver. A genuine “son of a preacher man” As a young teenage Matthew came to realize that he was gay. He had been told that this was not acceptable and downright wrong. He felt that his friends and family and the church would forsake him if they were to ever find out. Matthew ; like so many other gay youth was forced into hiding who he really was which led to thoughts of suicide and depression.

At 18, Matthew moved to the UK to attend a performing arts college in London.

After returning to Canada, Matthew established himself as an up-and-coming investment banker, but he knew his true passion in life was singing. At age 26, he quit his job to pursue his singing career.

Matthew is a powerhouse of pure talent . You can hear every emotion as he sings throughout the C.D . He crosses all genres of music; from pop to rock to blues instilled gospel .

Levi Kreis ; another amazing singer-songwriter in his own right has co-written two of the songs and sings along side Matthew on “Revolution” ; an up tempo number singing of a personal metamorphosis . Levi also wrote “Look How I’ve Grown” and gifted it to Matthew because in Levi’s words ; “ It deserved a voice like his (Matt’s) . The song is a perfect fit and definitely sounds like it was meant for Matthew to sing .

“Turns to Gold” is a love song as good as they come. It tugged at my heartstrings the minute I listened. A song that shows how two people in love can bring out the best in each other "take your hand... let me feel your skin to mine... may your lips come to mine”

“Help me Hate You” is a song of love and the ability of not wanting to or unable to let it go.

Matthew does an amazing version of Madonna’s “Frozen” If I hadn’t knows it was a Madonna song ; I would truly believe its was another song meant for Matthew. It is a seemingly flawless cover ; that could very well be an original for him .

“Look How I’ve Grown” is my personal favourite on the cd. It speaks to me on a personal level; of self doubt and real feelings get lost behind painted smiles. It brings tears to my eyes .This song truly shows the vocal range of Matthew at its peak of perfection.

“Look how I’ve grown; bigger than all my fears ;stronger than all my tears”

Matthew has definitely grown . It won’t long before his fan base and al those fans being touched in a positive uplifting way by his voice and his words and his message that we too can all sing “This is me ; here I am”

A well rounded mix of pop to rock . “Masquerade” has something for every listener.

Check Matthew out at www.myspace.com/matthew.david.com
C.D “Masquerade” available at www.thornrecords.com or www.itunes.com
Be sure to listen on the Thorn Records site. The player is at the bottom of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment