Tuesday, December 1, 2009

You Lean upon the Wooden Door

You Lean upon the Wooden Door


You mesmerize me with that cute grin
Your eyes so green ;they draw me in

Light shines on your light brown hair
I am here -but you are there

You lean upon the wooden door
While I alone ; wait, on the dance floor

The music plays ; a familiar tune
A song of love and roses in June

I am waiting on the dance floor-waiting on a chance
Hoping we get to do our final dance

You mesmerized me with that cute grin
Your eyes so green ; they draw me in

You are no longer leaning on that wooden door
The dance floor is gone . It is no more

Yet ; the music play ; a familiar tune
I dance alone in my living room

I hold my pillow close and tight
Recalling all those wonderful nights

A song of love and Roses in June
It by far; my favourite tune

Joe Lethbridge Nov 30 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment