Monday, November 23, 2009

Limbs now bare-like boney fingers

Underneath this tree I sit ; like so many times before
Names carved in with a pocket knife ; both mine and yours

It was summertime; leaves protected us from the sun
It's limbs now bare; like bony fingers
Yet ; those memories linger

The ground I sit on is cold to the touch
But this tree-this park; it means so much

After running through this park
Sometimes even after dark

We'd sit beneath this big oak tree
Just you -Just me

We stepped away from the world outside
We'd sit on the swings and slide down the slide

We'd rest our backs upon the tree
And talk of things; we'd wish would be

Underneath that tree I sit; upon the the frosty grass
You are no longer in the present ; yet ; a gem of my past

It's limbs now bare; like boney fingers
Yet ; so many great memories forever will linger

No comments:

Post a Comment