Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The One in The Picture

There are flickers of light dancing off my walls . They are the only lights I have on in the house tonight. I am laying on the floor with my fuzzy blue blanket as a barrier between me and the dingy brown carpet. I am leaning on my elbows; hands under my chin . The lights enchant me ; taking me away from this little hole of an apartment ; but at least I have a home . I am laying on the floor ;pretty well under my Christmas tree. It's funny how this year I seem to be the first one with my tree up . Yesterday my Mom put up her tree and I strung the lights. Last year I didn't put up a tree.

This year for some reason I did . Amid all the strung lights; which are flickering and baubles on my tree are pictures of my friends ; both my facebook friends and others . The year is almost over. In comparison to other years 2009 hasn't been my greatest. I have lost my job and some friends; yet I have gained many more; whose pictures are on my tree. I've made it further than I would have thought. I am out of the dark now . Moreso than I would have though. Even the ones who are no longer in my life; pictures of them are on my tree.

My journal is sitting next to me . Once in awhile I pick up my pen and I write in it . There is a picture less than six inches from my face. That picture is the reaosn I pick up my pen and write in my journal tonight. For the past two weeks or so I have been working on a story ; a real life story. I have only been writing it about two weeks but the events over the past year have lead me once again to write it.

I write and put down my pen constantly ; thinking my writing isn;t doing the one in the picture any justice. I already know what the beginning the middle and end of the story is . I can't change how it ends; even though I wish I could . I don't even know if when it is finished if I will post it or not. No one here knows the one in the picture. As much as I love to write ; this is a difficult one to finish . It's a real life story . I can't change the ending. But ; maybe like someone told me ; it may give someone a new beginning . I just hope the one in the picture would have liked how I wrote his story .

No comments:

Post a Comment