Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ring upon my finger



Upon my finger; I wear a ring
Not made of any precious metal ; but still; a valued thing

It has no gemstones that shine and glisten
I wear it in memory of one who listened

Not made of silver, not made of gold
I love you friend; your story is told.

Upon my finger; I wear a ring
In my mind ; it means all things

It tells so many stories of love and pain
I will never know anpther ; quite like you again .

I Love You ! my distant friend ; yet one who was so close in my heart xo

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Joe - this is Brendan. Just commenting to say how much I love this poem. I'm reading Cody's Story, but I was scanning your blog for other things at the same time, and came across this. I wrote a short story along similar lines, actually, so I was quite startled when I saw your poem. It's fairly awesome (the poem, that is), to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brendan. This one is related to another one on here. I think you will soon find out which one .

    ReplyDelete