Monday, November 23, 2009

One Person One Voice One Vote One Difference

I was reading through a book this morning and I cam across this .
'It is written by Edward Everett Hale

"I am only one
But still I am one
I cannot do everything
but I can still do something
And becuase I can not do everything
I will not refuse to do the something I can do "

Its easy to think that one voice or one vote or one opinion cannot always make a difference to the world as a whole . It can however make a difference to one person ; and isnt that a good starting point . I came across these in a book as well .

In 1645 one vote gave Oliver Cromwell control if England
In 1776 one vote gave America the English language rather than German
In 1875 one vote changed France from a Monarchy to a republic
In 1923 one vote gave Adolph Hitler control of the Nazis

Just one vote ; one voice can and did make a vast difference. That one vote or voice is not always a positive thing. That is why it is important to vote or voice your opinion. It does make a difference.

I won't "give it up already" as some have told me and not always in such sugar coated ways . I write about things I care about and believe in . That is how I voice my opinion.

I may be just one person with one voice but I know I do make a difference in a few peoples lives .

What about you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment