Friday, October 16, 2009


Before I post the "Brother to Brother " story ; it is not about me or any of my brothers. This is life as seen through someone elses eyes . When I write I don't always write for mere "entertainment value" such as my " Pole Dancer" not I posted yesterday. Ones like that are fluff and filler and my way of "stepping back" from the more serious writing. As I was saying ; I don't write just for entertainment. I write in hopes that someone-even one looks at life outside their box ; their "comfort zone " as you will. I will never get a Writers Choice award or anything ; but what I get is more than that. People who will read and get something out of it. Afterall the only borders you make are the ones you set yourself. Step outside and see life from another perspective. Here ; then is"Brother to Brother "

I love you !

Brother to Brother

Kneeling by the bedside ; I looked into your eyes
No longer were you breathing; you were headed for the skies

I clutched your hand and held it firmly
I knew your life was quite the journey

You thought of all the things you did
When you were just the “little kid”

You found the injured robin and asked “ Why doesn’t he sing ?’
We took him home and found; he had a broken wing

We played tag for hours in the field and endless hide and seek
There was a time you ran away from home but said “ I be back in about a week “

You didn’t want to miss the school trip to the state park
We’ spend the whole day there; getting home just before dark

We took that trip together-you were seven ; I was ten
If only you were here right now-we would do that all again

I hope you know, I AM PROUD to be your brother
Even if I could have; I would not have chose another

Kneeling by the bedside I look into your eyes
No longer are you breathing; you are headed for the skies

You told me you had a secret; you could no longer keep inside
“Tell me little ‘bro ; I love you and tell you this with pride”

I clutched your hand and held it tight
How you were treated just isn’t right

You are caring and giving; one never to argue
For all of this and more ; I say that I Love You

“There’s not a day goes by that I don’t miss you ‘bro “

Joe Lethbridge 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment