Sunday, October 4, 2009

View from My Window

Tonight is one of those nights when I don't really feel like doing much at all . I am just in a reflective mood and one of wonder. I was just sitting at my kitchen window with my back braced against the edge; feet resting on the sill . There is a slight breeze blowing through ; making my tossled hair even moreso. I sat there just staring out across the Grand River watching and waiting for the sun to set . I have been fascinated by the sunsets lately. I don't know if its just me or the orange and red hues as the sunsets on the horizon are more vibrant. As the sky darkens I watch for the stars . Every night I look out the window
and just like a small child ; I wait. I wait for the first star to appear and I make a wish on it . I only half heartedly believe in wishes but it gives me hope; however small it may be. When I do see the first star ; I make my wish and wonder if somewhere out there; at the same moment someone is gazing longingly at the same star and making the same wish I am . I wonder among the millions of stars shining overhead if someone is . I have a really good friend who is out of town and most likely sitting around a campfire looking up into the night sky . He shares my fascination with stars and sunsets . I wonder if he is looking at the same star . I wonder if he is making his wish . I can't help but wonder if he is thinking of me as I am thinking of him. There is no doubt that his night sky is far more awesome then I see out my kitchen window with the city lights dulling their vibrancy . I often wonder what it would be like if I were a star looking down onto this place we call earth. Would I be as fascinated by it and get choked up by what I see . The star I am watching twinkles once in awhile . How one thing that small to the naked eye fascinates me ; I don't really know , but I will continue to sit on my window ledge with legs dangling out ; wishing and hoping .

No comments:

Post a Comment