Friday, October 30, 2009

Just Little Things -three short writings

There's very little rhyme or reason why I am posting these notes today . They don't really have any common links to one another but for some reason I put them on here this overcast morning .

____________________________________________________________________________________
My Pen Is My Heart

My pen is my heart
The ink is my soul
I write of happy times and I write about sorrow
I write of yesterday and hope for tomorrow

If I set down my pen or it runs out of ink
I know in my heart bad thoughts I will think
I need to write. It keeps me going
I hope to God the ink keeps flowing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eyes of Blue

Your eyes of blue-heart so true
My eyes brown-glued to you

I'm too shy to say how I feel
We've all been hurt before-the hurt; so real

I hold back my words ; afraid to say
I keep putting it off for another day

When that "another day" rolls around
I know you're nowhere to be found

So in my heart and mind you'll stay
Waiting on another day
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bus Ride

I took a ride on the bus the other day . I wasn't going anywhere in particular . I got on the ixpress to Fairview Mall and used my transfer ; hopping onto a waiting bus without any regard as to what route number it was or where it was going. I just sat on the bus ; not sure if the seat beside me smelled of nachos or someones dirty feet . I listened to my mp3 player as I looked out the windows. It was a mix of residential and commercial . I pulled the cord which rings the bell and stepped off the bus . I didn't recognize the area; most likely because I rarely venture outside of Cambridge. It's always more of an adventure for me to travel in my mind than to actually travel . HECK ! You don;t need a passport with the mind travel . I walked aimlessly. A woman stopped and asked me for directions to some location she was searching for . "Sorry ma'am ; I don't even know where I am " I replied , and continued walking.

Eventually I came to University Avenue ; a street I knew about and I knew King Street ran off of University . Now; should I turn left or right . I turned right. Wrong choice. fourty five minutes later I was back where I had started . I turned left and came to King Street and headed south -through Waterloo and into Kitchener ; back to the bus terminal . So; I took a ride on the bus the other day . Did I learn anything by it ? Yes; I learned that there is always a way back home . Although I made a few wrong turns and decisions ; I'm back home . Much like life. You hit a few roadblocks or people will throw obstacles in your way. You find your way around ; reset you bearings and journey on. Eventually I will get back home .

No comments:

Post a Comment