Friday, October 30, 2009

Kiss me

Kiss me in the light; hold me in the dark
promise me you'll never break my heart

A kiss like no other I’ve never had from you
A kiss with eyes wide open - Its only you I view

A sudden gasp of air I take
I move in closer and cup your face
Lips meet-hearts race

Kiss me in the moonlight with shadows on our faces
Kiss me in the dark of night
A gentle kiss -that feels so right

Our hearts seem to beat in tandem as I hold you close to me
A love like this -so real and pure ; how I wish it could be

Stand with me in daylight -sunlight in our eyes
Dance with me at midnight-as stars dance in the skies

Sit with me as I grow weary and I recite you a poem
A poem I wrote just for you ; and just you alone

So if you kiss me in the moonlight
Or hold me in the dark
I gave you My promise; I’d never break your heart

Joe Lethbridge @2009

No comments:

Post a Comment