Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Matter of Perception

If you ask several different people to tell you something about a person that you both know ; it is likely that they will use different words to describe them . It’s all about perception. Even in my own family of six siblings; two girls and four boys you will get different stories about our upbringing and our parents. When it comes to our mama ; I think we all agree that she is an amazing and giving and accepting person . When it comes to our Dad - there is a lot of differences of opinion ; which is fine. I have my own feelings and they have their own . I have written at times; stories about growing up but they are private stories . I think we all have things in our past that we regret doing or saying. Most likely there are things we should not have said and some that maybe we should have said ; but it was too late to say them. There are things that happened in our past that we try to forget happened but ; even as bad as some of them were , we learn from them .

Most of what I write is from in my head . I guess some people will think about what they write before doing it but I write about what I think ; which at times is why it can go off in so many directions. My thoughts don’t have a real beginning , middle or end. When I think I will write and when I stop thinking I just lie my pen down and go about doing something else.

If I go for a walk and just sit under an umbrella at a café and sip at my coffee ; extra large, double-double I see things around me which get me to thinking . It is often said that maybe I over think or over analyze . I am just taking what the world is showing and digesting it as best as I can.

People wonder why I write what I write about and find it surprising that I write the way I do. I think out of my sixty three face book friends I really only know about eight or nine in “real life” . I know my videos and even some of my profile pictures and status make me out to be a bit aloof but its only part of who I am .

I am actually quite shy at first and will always be the one to let you say hello first . It is never easy for me to make eye contact either when I first meet someone . I am said to be a big softy and I tend to fall in love at “first sight “ although I don’t base it on looks . I would sooner fall for some one with “average” looks and a beautiful heart than to fall in love with a “beautiful” person with an ugly heart.

If you ask several different people to tell you something about me ; it is likely that they will use different words to describe me . It’s all about perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment