Friday, October 2, 2009

Finding Me


If i can stretch my hand -to hold your hand; just until you are okay

If I can reach across the miles –just to make you smile

If I can offer a shoulder for you cry on



I stretch my hand because I care

I reach through distance because I care

I offer my shoulder because I care

Because at times; I ; too was there



I will be here when you need to cry

I’ll even wipe the tears away

Today may bring sadness

But tomorrows another day



Will you stretch your hand –to hold my hand ; until I am okay

Would you reach across the miles-just to make me smile

Would you offer me your shoulder for me to cry on



You’d stretch your hand because you care

You’d reach long distance because you care

You’d offer me a shoulder because you care

Because at times; you ; too were there



Will you be there when I need to cry

And will you wipe my tears away

Today may bring sadness

But tomorrows another day



If you can say yes to all I’ve asked in these words above

Then truthfully I can respond; those actions are of love

The truest form of love that’s pure

A friendships formed ;of that I ‘m sure



I’d sooner find the purest love

That comes from pure emotion

Than to lay down my morals and go for “the action “

Pure love gives me the truest satisfaction



August 26 2008 Joe L

No comments:

Post a Comment