Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Deep Thoughts

If we think there is darkness around us;it may well consume us and we may give in to it . However; there are shadows and where there are shadows , there is light !! When there is even a sliver of light shining through even the darkest curtains of our being ; there is hope; hope that the sun will break through even the darkest clouds and shine its warming light on us. Once we are down. The only way is up. It may take awhile for some; longer for others but , the only way is up. I am not one to talk about my own problems or issues as I find this a burden to the people in my life. I take consolation in knowing that people at times really appreciate me and what I may have to say . I will never offer up suggestions until asked for them. This is who I am . I have always put others before myself . My own friends problems are mine too ; which is okay by me as trying to help out is a big part of friendship.
I have had my share of fair-weather friends; those being who choose to be around me when things are upbeat and I am having the off the wall humour they are used to ;but then turn tail when I am having an off day when I am deep in thought and full of despair. Friendship is not a halfway thing. You are or you aren’t.
Some people can see right through me which is okay . They know I use humour to keep a distance from them and what is in my heart. There are a few people that know what my heart is about and most of them are online “friends” which are miles away. I’d sooner be known for who I am and what I stand for then the “what” they may think I am . It matters not what I am but who I am . If I were black would you still be there ? If my sexuality differed from yours, would you still be there ? If I said I did or didn’t believe in God; would you still be there ?
It matters not who I was or where I came from or what I did in the past . It only matters who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment