Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Existing versus Being


t wasn't all that long ago that I wasn't really living . I fell on some hard times and am still pulling myself up by my bootstraps and going on the best I can. Along the way I had some people give me a few kicks in the ass which I am truly grateful for . I figured we are not put on this Earth to live to exist but we exist to live; to live life to the best of our abilities and have fun; find adventure around us ; hopefull not hurting anyone but rather helping someone along the way . I wrote this on the bus back from the mall this morning

I don't want to exist - I want to BE
I want to let my thoughts be free

It does more harm than good to keep it locked inside
I used to close myself off to the world; curl up and hide

I don't like what I see; in the world that I live
It seems so full of takers ;very few ; that really give

I don't speak of giving Things; I mean giving of our heart
For when we give our kindness-we give someone a start

Joe L sept 3 09

The one following is one I wrote about three or four months ago, although things are getting better; no one is perfect but I am getting there and I WILL GET THERE

This is my sunset
I shone so bright

My energy is gone
I will fade and burn out

I loved and have been loved
I won a few and lost so many

I've loved a few and never let them know it
I missed my chance and never got to show it.

AFTERNOTE; The above poem was written at a very low time; one of my lowest . I was self-injuring myself which was progressively growing worse. I am happy and proud to say that I have not cut myself in close to three months and I feel that the urge is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment