Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jake Walden "Alive and Screaming " cd review


The first time I heard Jake Walden sing was like watching a beautiful fog rolling across an ocean. I could not help but listen attentively . He was not just singing ; he is a storyteller. He has a voice at times that reminds me of Bruce Springsteen or Joe Cocker. He has a raspy velvety voice .Jake does not merely sing. He wants his audience to feel every emotion that he is singing about .
In Jake’s own words
“I want to be as raw and truthful as I can. When I’m playing a show, I try and engage myself fully with every person, as if it were just our time. If I haven’t made half of the audience cry, not out of sadness, but out of hope, then I haven’t done my job, or lived up to my dream. I am trying to inspire them to remember what it is they are seeking.“
I have not had the pleasure of seeing Jake perform live but if his “Alive and Screaming “ cd hasme in tears ; not just of sadness; but of hope for better days ahead I can only imagine how he blows away any live audience .
“Alive and Screaming” is 12 tracks of emotive storytelling . Although I love the entire cd ; I have my personal favourites of which are “For Someone” “Come Along” “The Storm” and “We are”
Jake has a new EP to be released September 29 which includes “Bleeding Love “; previous hit of Leona Lewis as a duet with Bonnie Somerville; who sounds like a cross between Bonnie Tyler and Carla Bonoff. Both the cd and ep are available on itunes and amazon.
 
Check out Jake Walden on myspace at
http://www.myspace.com/jakewalden

No comments:

Post a Comment