Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Some of my best friends

It may sound kind of odd to some of you who are reading this. I wonder is anyone reading these ? I live in the downtown core here ; within two minutes of Main Street. It is by most standards an average sized city of about 120 000 people. I sued to work right on Main Street for about six years so I met quite a few people. I would go for coffee at the sidewalk cafes that line Main Street or Ainslie. It is not just about the coffee. Unlike the big chainwide coffee conglomerates they actually notice you for more than the $2 plus you will drop for coffee. There is a new place in town I stop in at least three times a day . Once in the morning , once in the afternoon and sometimes twice in the evening. Each time I go I am greeted by a different person. I consider these people my friends. I may not know alot about them and I know they don't know alot about me . That's okay ! Friendship is measured with smiles. I can be so open with them; maybe too much at times; but they havent kicked me out yet .

The same goes with my internet friends. I talk to so many people from so many places. The USA -england-Saudi Arabia -Cuba-Mexico ... I made some good friends on there. They don't have pre concieved notions about me . I feel more free to be me .

No comments:

Post a Comment