Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A letter to Santa -A Parable of sorts


I know ; you don’t want to hear it. It’s Autumn ! The sun is setting earlier , the leaves are changing into their fall colours and some have started to drop . People are starting to wear fall jackets and it won’t be long until those who live on cul-de-sacs wait a few days for the snow plows to arrive. It’s also almost time for Christmas Bazaars and The Firefighters Basket Fund and The Salvation Army Angel and Operation Shoebox. It is also time to write Santa,

Dear Santa

Even though it is still September I thought I would avoid the long lineups to mail the letters and see you at the malls all over the world. Why put off until tommorrow what you can do today ? Anyway ; I know alot of people don’t believe in you becuase they have never seen you . I have to admit I have never seen you either but we don\’t have to always see what we believe in right ? We don’t actually see the wind; we only see the affects of it right Santa. In order to believe in anything we have to believe in ourselves. It’s not always easy because the world we live in isn’t always pleasant. We don\’t always feel like going around going ho ho ho . We don\’t have to see everything to believe in it if we have hope in our hearts. We don’t always have to wait until the last minute to say what’s on our minds or share how we feel towards people; right Santa. You know I never ask for much for Christmas Santa and this year I am asking for the same I did last year. You already know what it is .

Sometimes people say they didn’t get what they asked for ; but sometimes I think they get what they need more than they really want. Sometimes I think people confuse want with need. I think you know what they need more than they want. You are smart that way . Sometimes they realized they didn’t need it afterall.

So even though it is still September Santa I wanted to let you know that just because we don\’t see something ; it doesn’t mean its not real . You cannot see hopes or dreams but if we have them then we have more chance of getting what we need. If we are honest and nice to people then they will probably be that way back. Santa ? Why do grown-ups have to make everything so complicated ?

No comments:

Post a Comment