Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Parcels of my Journal

Here is more from a journal i had kept up until about a year ago .

....I live my life mainly through what I learned in Kindergarten. People can cheat-people can steal . I also learned tolerance,fairness, honesty and compassion. Life is a blend of fair and unfair-there doesn't seem to be any middle ground. I try to live my life by following some simple yet ;some may find to be sappy ways of living my life 1) watering the seeds of your greatness 2) never give up when hearing "no" 3) turning little steps into giant leaps 4) ponder the positives 5) follow through with the "do" 6) pay back what you borrow 7)be kind-despite the grind 8) throw a log onto someone elses fire ....7:18 am the following day .Dates don't need to be noted here ;as anything I write could have possibly happened on any given date. I dreamt last night. I can't remeber the content of it but I have glimpses of the nights visions. Sometimes I thinkwe forget or block it out so; as not to affect the following day in a negative way. I made myself a coffee, slid open the kitchen windowand put my head out; like I do every morning on awaking. The air is chilly; almost stinging my face. I can see the orange-pink hues in the skyline above the two spires of the Presbytarian churches and I wonder what is in store for me today . That's the thing about destiny-we cannot change it . We can steer our way through life and try to avoid the potholes and not giving into temptations but sometimes it doesn't always go that way . It's like taking a trip down to Toronto. You figure the 401 is too busy and less scenic so you decide to take the backroads with less traffic and enjoy the colours of the change of seasons. The thing is; a lot more people have done the same thing. That's life. You think you are going somewhere but you find obstacles in your way. Toronto; much like your purpose is still waiting-it just may take longer than you have planned for but eventually you will get there. People plan things, sometimes without thinking about the "what ifs" that may get in the way of the plan. Most of my life i thought I had a blueprint or plan but I never even thought of the "what ifs" that would hinder getting to where I thought I wanted to be. Hindrances can sometimes be helpful. In some of the "what ifs" I've found out things and met people I may have not met otherwise. Faith will get you where you are going -maybe not today but it will get you there. People operate on timetables; faith doesn't.........Even though I seem ;at times to write everything down here ; I don't. Some think I am so outgoing and must be surrounded by people . In reality I have a very small circle of friends-most actually acquaintences. I am a very guarded person. Some mistake this for arrogance or being full of myself. Why I am the way I am would take an entire journal to explain so I won't. Sometimes I let my guard down and I get hurt by my "friends" so I often keep my guard up like the Great Wall of China. ....

No comments:

Post a Comment