Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Foresight and Hindsight

This first poem I wrote after making an online friend who I have written about in further detail on Harsh Words ! A Harsher reality ! I believe friendship doesn’t have to be measured in the miles between but by the number of heartbeats . This young man touched the core of my soul.

I’m in your heart and you’re in mine
Talking with you is always a good time
When I am sitting at home all alone
I am so tempted to call you on the phone

Just to say hi and see how you are
We are close by emotions but by miles so far
You are a good friend even though so far away
Perhaps we will meet in some distant day

The day I say Thank you for all that you give
When I was at my lowest point-
You gave me reasons to live

You say I am a pessimist –that I know is true
But I feel better about myself-all thanks to you

The above poem was written before I learned that my friend was living with HIV . When I found this out ; my own problems paled in comparison to his own . Someone is dealing with more than us at any given time.

Poem 2

If you have a dream; that’s in your heart
You must follow it through ;right from the start

Don’t let anyone get in your way
For your dream can be reality ; maybe not today.

Don’t let anyone talk you out of it causing you sorrow
Your dream may come true; if not today , maybe tomorrow

If not for our aspirations and dreams and hoping they come true
Stick to what you love ; it’s meant for you to do

There may be bumps in the road that lie ahead
But you must keep going
For if you give up -
The dream ; like a river, may just stop flowing

Joe L 2009

Poem 3
The differences in people ; we should celebrate

With hugs and other acts of love-not hate
We are more alike ; rather than different
For all of us were heaven sent

Love is love !
Lets take a look around us –we really are the same
When hatred rears its ugly head-that truly is a shame

We are humans –we cry-we laugh –we love
We are one ! We are the same !

Poem 4

PRELUDE -Poetry is words-words brought to surface by emotions. This poem I wrote for a friend who wanted to express how he felt about someone he cares about deeply but didn\’t think he had the words. I know he does-we all do-dig deep ! I don\’t usually write poems for others but I know how important this person is to him.

I am sitting in my room –tears on my face Reciting some of my poetry
Where you should be in my heart-lies an empty space

I hear the sounds of “unbreak my heart “ from the stereo

My heart tells me that I love you so

I wish you were beside me-just to hold me near

“I love you “ –the three words I long to hear

I want to hold you while we fall asleep

Your love; I want to keep

My life seemed empty until I met you

For you ; there’s nothing , that I wouldn’t do

I am sitting in my room –tears run down my face

In my heart is your very special place

My heart yearns for your caring touch

Your gentle words that mean so much

Your sweet smile and your caring ways

Keep me happy through the days

Joee 2009@

No comments:

Post a Comment