Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Travels Afar and Not So Far

The furthest I have ever been away from Cambridge on my own is Cambridge ! Hopefully soon I get a job and get my bills under control . URGGG ! Once I do I want to take a trip away ; unsure of where yet . I may just let people know I am taking a trip to rediscover me. I know ; or at least I hear what others think of me but I want to get somewhere; where no one has any pre-concieved ideas about me. I want to blend in with people around me . I want a new perspective . I've been in Cambridge all my life -all 47 years of it.

In my mind I do a lot of travelling when I write but I want a real sense of things . I want to smell the smog of New York or Los Angeles or see the huge totems on Easter Island or actually see the white cliffs of Dover . I want to walk on sidewalks jammed packed with people and I want to experience dancing in Ibiza . I always seem to be dancing in my dreams but I want to dance with dry ice and laser light shows going around me. I want to go to Costa Rica or somehwere and help build schools and in my off time zip line through the dense jungle. No matter where I go ; be it out of Canada or not ; I will bring my notebook. I want to remember every new experience I see and am a part of . I want to write about the people I meet or merely see walking about the streets. I want to write about the open air market vendors screaming at the top of their lungs " Come get your fresh baked bread ! " or whatever wares they are peddling . I want to write about the poor beggar children wearing tattered clothes and bare feet with their hands out looking for any spare change. I want to write about walking along the sandy shoreline of a beach as a couple walk ahead of me hand in hand . I want to write about the cheapy motel rooms I stay in where the vending machines rattle and hum but don't dispense anything when I put my money in it. I want to write poems or prose in every city I go about people I meet . I don't just want to write for the sake of writing as a hobby . I want to write in hopes someone gets something out of it . I want to write if only one person gets something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment