Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Impervious

1. not permitting penetration or passage; impenetrable: The coat is impervious to rain.
2. incapable of being injured or impaired: impervious to wear and tear.
3. incapable of being influenced, persuaded, or affected: impervious to reason; impervious to another's suffering.


This wil be as brief as poosible today . I don't know of anyone who is impervious to someone elses suffering . I think all of us feel remorse,sympathy or sadness for others. I just think a great many of us let on it doesn't affect us either because it shows a personal weakness or we just don't want to deal with it. There has been a long history of alcohol abuse in my family. I know some family members of mine will not be happy with me saying it. I know some in my large family including cousins and nephews say they have it under control . As much as alcoholism is a disease as much; all we have to do is look at our own family tree. Yes ! I do drink on occasion but not to hide from the world or cover up things I do not want to deal with today. I have people in my family and you may too that uses alcohol as the excuse.

As much as some things in my life are out of my control ; I chose to drink when I do and I set my limits. Not once have I been obnoxious or started a fight and turned it around and said " Man ! Was i shitfaced " and blame it on the drinking. I do dance like a crazy man but usually I am in my living room drinking Coke or coffee . I can have fun with or without drinking and with or without others around me.

When you go out and get hurt and can't remember how you got hurt or there are different stories ; then you have a problem. When people tell you with the best of intentions that you think they are out of control and they get in your face.; then they have a problem. When you hang out with people who are around you only when you have money to buy them booze but no where to be when you are broke-then you have aproblem . As much as people who drink think they are impervious to anything or those who tryi to help ; both sides do feel it. I could have been like my Dad or I could be like my brother Steve. Steve does not drink a drop and my dad was way off the scope. I am somewhere in between -closer to the Steve side. I handle it and take full resposibilty . So please don't say you are not impervious to feeling anything. If you don't like this write up ; then you too are not impervious to the feelings of others

No comments:

Post a Comment