Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What will your life book say about you ?


Most stories told or books written have a beginning , a middle and an end. I am somewhere in the middle of my life story . Hopefully; closer to the beginning though . I know some people who read the last chapter of a book first ; to see if it will be a good read or not. We can’t do that with life. We have to start at the beginning and we have no idea how it will end up. One day we could be living the life of a romance novel and the next we can be smack dab in a mystery or the character in a comic book. To get to the end of our life ; we have to turn to each day; much like a page in a book.

There is the old saying “You can’t judge a book by its cover” which I believe. Just because there is a muscle bound stud on the cover of a romance novel; doesn’t mean he’s the hero on the white steed. He could be the villain . Just because it’s a miserable rainy day today when nothing seems to go right , doesn’t mean the sun will be out tomorrow.

We all have different chapters in our lives. For some of us we could be in the drama ; for others we could be living in the romantic chapter. Every book has different chapters but every book has a different story. I think each of us is like a book that writes itself. If we don’t like how our life is going; we can put down the pen we are using and pick up a different one. We can forego the pen and use crayons and colour our world. We choose which books we read; we can choose which life story we want to live. I am writing and and living my book as best I can . If I don’t like any aspect I can erase it and try something different. What’s your book going to say about you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment