Wednesday, September 30, 2009

...on Love

Last night after taking a small break from dancing at a local club , a few of us went outside to take a break and get some fresh air . I cannot even recall how the subject came up ; although its one thats always on my mind. Our discussion was on love . Earlier in the night a few of us were talking about heartache and questioning if the "one" was out there someone just waiting for us . We came to the conclusion that we don't always have to go looking for love ; that sometimes it finds us. Most people who read these notes probably know by now that I am a big softie . I have had a few people in my life that I have loved deeply; with all my heart and soul. There wasn't really anything I wouldn't do for them except change who I am; who I am meant to be. One of the people I was outside with mentioned that maybe love sort of eludes me because ; in fact; I do so much for the other person and put all my feelings on the table . I always thought that to love someone you should be completely honest with someone and vice versa. If I cannot be honest with them ; then how am I being the true me. I think we have all been taken advantage in one way or another in a relationship but why should the blame be put on the one who is honest and open ; totally upfront with their feelings. It was also mentioned that maybe I scare the other one off because I "scare them away " I know the person who said this had good intentions but the words stung and carried on through the night into this morning. Having Love in your life is not scary . Not having it is .

1 comment:

  1. this is really inspiring me... it makes me think on love... that's the best thing of your poems.. they make you think

    ReplyDelete