Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Faith- Spirituality-Religion ???

I have never been a religious person; although that doesn ot mean I have no faith. I have faith in knowing. Knowing that somewhere; in this universe or of one beyond that there is a divine being watching over us all. My intent is not to upset anyone. I think sometimes that people are too caught up in their religions to have faith in anything other than the confines of their religion. I have faith in hoping that the sun will shine down on me giving me back my sun filled days that help me through the clouded judgement I sometimes feel. Without having hope; we cannot have faith. Faith is like an infallible hope. Some people consider faith as nothing more than wishful thinking. If we can't wish or dream of what we want or need; what do we really have ? Writing my thoughts on this paper is one way of a wish. In hopes of figuring out my prpose. I know I have hopes ; but are my hopes the same as my purpose ? My hope or purpose is this. I know I cannot shape the world into a better place but I hope I can make a positive effect on a few peoples lives. This is not an ego thing and you would know that if you truly knew me. I am a very humble man who is not at all comfortable in receiving compliments. I would rather hear a simple "thank You" than receive accolades of compliments. Everything we do today has a ripple effect ; it will influence a change in someone or something around us. I want to leave a positive impression on someone or something. I know I , like everyone else has; at least one time or another left a negative impression on someone. More often than not; unintentional. Not one person is perfect . I have taken steps into helping me find my purpose. So many people tell me ; " You have to look after yourself first !" I may be wishful thinking and perhaps unrealistic but my reasoning is this; if I can be there for someone-then they will be there for me. Sometimes I feel like the late 1970s singer Eric Carmen singing "All by myself ". He sings about being there for his friends when they are down but when they are feeling fine; no one calls him on the phone to see how he is doing. Friendship should not take commercial breaks. I believe that if a persone has ONE TRUE FRIEND ; that should be enough. This journal as I write it is going in every direction. I am letting my thoughts write the words down as they come into my head. I am humble but I am also a very complex person; so complex that I don't truly understand myself or thoughts. Undoubtedly as I go back and read what I wrote; some may even surprise me. I don't share personal thoughts with anyone. As such ; there are so many theories going around "What is He all about ?" Let me know when you figure that out !

No comments:

Post a Comment