Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Weekend Away

Friday night we took off for parts unknow; at least to me. We got there after dark so set up up tents by the light of the starlit sky. Awesome campfires and storytelling; not really stories but talking to each other about things that maybe we didn't know. It was the most fascinating bonding I have ever experienced . I f you think i am "strange" you definitely don't want to meet my friends. We did the typical weenie roasting and made smores . What made in great for me is that no one I went there with had any negative comments to say about each other. Two of the people I went with I had only met on two previous occasions.

Sunday night we drove down to a huge field;parked and lay in the back of the vehicle just staring up at the sky. It was so silent ;yet so much was said. From that silence ;I think we all learned how ;even though we didnt have to say a word we knew so much from each other. We counted five shooting stars within 15 minutes and of course we all made wishes on the ones we eyed first. We said what constellations we could see in the sky. One I was with swore he could see a figure of a man pulling a huge BBQ -and we werent even drinking.

I lost my thoughts looking in the night sky ; teared up and wondered what it would be liek up there looking down here. My firends knew i was tearing up but didnt question me on it. "It is amazing isnt Joe " or "This gets to you ; doesnt it Joe" was all that was said.

Today after 5 we packed up our gear ; all of us wishing we could stay but knowing we had to get back. We already have plans to go back very soon.

Starlit skies are not the same in the city. But that one night of just still serenity will always be with me .

No comments:

Post a Comment